getting too hot to leave your pets in your car while you go into the store or go in to eat.
_________________________
getting too hot to leave your pets in your car while you go into the store or go in to eat.
_________________________
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Thank you for that reminder!
It's been too hot to leave them in cars for a while now. As an example, just a few weeks back a young boy in Chattanooga died when his dad left him in the car while he went to work (forgot to drop the kid off at daycare).
In ten minutes a vehicle can reach 102 degrees in 85 degree weather. In 30 minutes it can reach 120 degrees. In half an hour in 72 degree weather it can reach over 100 degrees. If you wouldn't leave your child in it, don't leave your fur-coat wearing pet in it.
In a few states it's now legal to break the windows on a stranger's vehicle to rescue a pet from a hot car. I'd vote for that measure in VA myself if it ever came up.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
i had a friend lock himself in a car once.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaneCook</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i had a friend lock himself in a car once. </div></div> Was it a convertible with the top down? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] Sorry, I couldn't resist. Did you really mean they actually locked themselves IN the car? Interesting or sad. I'm not sure which.
......and I thought truth was universal. Silly me......
I think its legal to do it in Florida. It would be a good thing here too. Ive seen lots of people leaving their pets in their cars, and lately it seems like the number of people leaving their pets and kids in the car is increasing.
RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
[img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]
You don't have to be some kind of genius rocket scientist to figure this out. How many times have you gotten into your car and been overwhelmed by the heat within? Oh sure, you can crack the widows, but it alleviates very little of the heat. That being the case, it shouldn't be hard to figure out that a child or a pet should not be left in the vehicle. Not only should it be legal to break a window to save a child or pet, but you should also be allowed to give the parent/owner a near death beat down they'll never forget.
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
Bookmarks